This January marks one year since the launch of Exeter City Futures, a year which has seen us engaging with Exeter’s citizens to define our goals and shape our innovation programme.
For Exeter City Futures 2016 was a year of positive engagement and clear thinking about the challenges that we’re tackling. It also saw us build up a strong team that brings together experts in innovation, finance, public and partner engagement, and marketing to create a solid foundation which we can build our programme on. Visit Meet the Team to learn more about us.
The results of feedback from many of the events below are summarised in our Have Your Say insights report.
We hope you enjoy looking at our photo diary, showing the journey from our first public engagement activities to defining the first challenges of the programme.
What’s in store for 2017
The events in 2016 were just the beginning. Here are some things to look forward to in early 2017:
- Launch of first set of challenges defined by Exeter City Futures Community on 17th
- Pilot education programme starts with Exeter College
- Arrival of energy report that will detail the Exeter region’s renewable energy potential
- Liz O’Driscoll speaking at Smart Cities conference in London
- Future Cities Catapult lunchtime lecture on 22nd
- First Open Forum community event – watch this space for details!