The use of solar PV to reduce energy consumption from the grid at source is a priority for the City Council and where roof space/structures allow, the energy team has ensured the technology is utilised.
One building that proved to be a very challenging installation was at the Royal Albert Memorial Museum (RAMM). The PV array is shaped by the roofs deemed to be structurally adequate and planning consent restrictions applied to this Grade II Listed Building. In addition, extensive structural investigations became necessary due to the varied roof structures, and existing renovation works.
Nevertheless, solutions and innovative installation methods were found with the help of the install contractor Sungift Solar allowing the RAMM to benefit from a 26kw Solar PV array.
- Read the city’s Net Zero Exeter 2030 Plan
- Discover ways you can Take Action for a Net Zero Exeter
- Find Inspiration to make change
- View more net zero Success Stories from across Exeter
- Show your support, become a member of our Net Zero Network
- Join the online collaborative workspace: City Slack