The goal is to deliver environmental excellence and reduced emissions, with long term carbon and financial savings as Exeter strives to become a zero carbon council. The ambition is enforced by an innovative programme of energy efficient and renewable initiatives, financially supported and delivered by a team of two
To date the team has reduced the Councils’ base load energy consumption, cut carbon emissions and delivered financial savings to support services through the delivery of over 20 energy saving projects. Carbon emissions have reduced from by 29%, energy consumption has dropped by 37% and last year the carbon emissions of the council’s fleet saw a 34% reduction after the introduction of electric vehicles (EV) and EV pool cars.
- Read the city’s Net Zero Exeter 2030 Plan
- Discover ways you can Take Action for a Net Zero Exeter
- Find Inspiration to make change
- View more net zero Success Stories from across Exeter
- Show your support, become a member of our Net Zero Network
- Join the online collaborative workspace: City Slack