The Council’s Solar PV estate exceeds 2 MWs and includes a 1.5MW roof top array on the Council’s Livestock Centre. The building is carbon positive and generates 1.1gW per annum of renewable electricity. This is the equivalent to powering 180 homes, with a carbon saving equal to plating of 1600 trees.
The solar array provides a 25 year income stream which has provided for a much-needed replacement roof, safeguarding the future of the busy event’s venue and farmers market, supporting the local farming community. In addition, all shop units and businesses within the building, also receive the council’s renewable electricity supply via a Power Purchase Agreement, and benefit from a discounted green tariff, further supporting local business.
- Read the city’s Net Zero Exeter 2030 Plan
- Discover ways you can Take Action for a Net Zero Exeter
- Find Inspiration to make change
- View more net zero Success Stories from across Exeter
- Show your support, become a member of our Net Zero Network
- Join the online collaborative workspace: City Slack