We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrator in the Community Engagement team to join us on Exeter’s journey to being carbon neutral by 2030.
We are looking for a pro-active and capable administrator with a passion for community engagement to support the delivery of Exeter City Futures’ community engagement programme: Net Zero Change Makers. Supported by The National Lottery Community Fund, our Net Zero Change Makers programme has big ambitions.
You will play a crucial role in the delivery of the Net Zero Change Makers programme by supporting the Community Engagement Manager and Community Development Officer and taking the lead on the administration and communications requirements of the programme.
The role will provide general administration support for the project and assist with communications, data, and record keeping. This role will report to the Exeter City Futures Community Engagement Manager.
This is a fixed term, part time role (0.6 FTE or 3 days per week, or equivalent hours) and is currently contracted until June 2023.
The role is currently hybrid working from home or office, and may also require some travel to events, meetings and workshops in the community, in accordance with any Covid-19 regulations at the time and by agreement with the Community Engagement Manager. The office is a shared, open plan space, within the Civic Centre, Exeter City Centre.
Usual office hours are 9am-5.30pm, but a flexible working pattern is possible by prior agreement. There will be an occasional requirement to attend evening or weekend events both online and, in accordance with any Covid-19 regulations at the time, and when it is safe to do so, in a physical space.
Experience and knowledge of working within the VCSE sector supporting communities taking local action and the sustainability sector is preferred.
Community engagement support and administration
- Support the Community Engagement Manager and Community Development Officer to deliver engagement plans that meet goals to deliver community development activities and support Exeter’s communities making impact on net zero ambition.
- Reply to enquiries in a prompt and professional manner, including follow up of tasks or actions to be assigned to others.
- Update and maintain the contact databases for the project and assist with data and
- Update and maintain online newsletter for the project.
- Support the development and delivery of a communications plan for the project, including liaison with the Exeter City Futures communication team over press releases and social
- Represent Exeter City Futures externally at events and through networks and raise the profile of the organisation and help maintain relationships through existing and new networks.
- Assist with surveys, evaluation, data input and reporting on community engagement activities and impact.
- Assist in developing communications to promote Exeter City Futures’ community
- Contribute to the design, print and publication of resources for engagement and
- Liaise with the Exeter City Futures’ Communications team to support web page development for project activities.
- Assist the Community Development Officer production of community-led toolkits to support community-led delivery of net zero activities and capture progress made.
- Undertake any other duties which may be reasonably required.
Event coordination and facilitation
- Support delivery of Exeter City Futures’ Connect quarterly networking events, and other
community engagement events, including pre-event planning, invitations, promotion and post communications, including:
- Support development and collation of presentation content, and engage accordingly with possible presenters.
- Update, monitor and respond to enquiries.
- Support communication with strategic networks, and event presenters and participants.
- Support speakers and attendees to connect, network and work together during and
- Set up the events online using Eventbrite and Zoom, or secure venues and catering for each quarterly Connect as appropriate given Covid-19 restrictions as required.
- Support the Community Engagement Manager hosting of Connect events, whether online or in a physical space.
- Liaise with the Exeter City Futures’ Communications team to promote and publicise the events, and keep ECF network informed about event outcomes.
- Support the drafting social media messages and content to be signed off and shared by Exeter City Futures Communications team.
- Assist in evaluating and refining Connect communications and marketing campaigns, measuring the impact of reach and engagement through regular reporting.
JOB SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- We are looking for the right team fit first, over specific experience, although a background in community engagement or the VCSE sector would be beneficial.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, and willing and able to add a positive contribution wherever they see a potential opportunity.
- A good team player who is confident to work unsupervised day to day and can communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and especially with our external stakeholders.
- Ideally with experience of project administration and event management, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Familiar with online platforms such as Eventbrite to manage event bookings, Slack and Google Suite as community engagement tools.
- Demonstrable knowledge of GDPR. Ideally with training and workplace experience.
- Able to use own initiative, competently manage competing priorities, and deliver to deadline.
- Be self-motivated and possess excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent ICT & numeracy skills.
- Passion for community participation, co-production and grassroot collective action.
DATES AND SALARY
- 24 hours per week
- Contract until June 2023
- £21,000 FTE (Pro rata salary of £12,600)
Please send us a personal statement highlighting how you meet the ‘Responsibilities’ set out in The Opportunity above, and a CV detailing your relevant experience.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Community Engagement Administrator.
- Closing date: 15 June 2022
- First Interview date(s): 21 or 22 June 2022
- Final Interview: Should a second interview be required, this would take place 23 June 2022
For more information about this role email email@example.com
To download a pdf copy of this job description please click here.